Turning Obstacles into Breakthroughs
By Laura Chiesman
Wow! 2020 was one rollercoaster of a year. While it would be easy to write about all that went wrong in 2020, we are not going to list that here. Instead below are just a few of the great things we have learned and accomplished by enduring the highs and lows of 2020 together.
- Becoming more proficient at meeting virtually. We are grateful for your flexibility and openness to embrace the use of technologies that have allowed us to stay connected while being safely distant.
- We have fully implemented the FirstWave Financial Pipeline, our client online portal to connect with us at any time from the convenience of your computer.
- The relationships we share are even more important! It’s been heartening to be able to spend the extra time nurturing them, especially when we are being kept physically apart.
- A deeper appreciation for overall health and wellness. We are all learning new ways to balance our physical, mental, and social health and wellbeing.
How do we build upon the challenges and obstacles that seemed to dominate 2020 to move productively forward in 2021? There are many options, but two principles come to mind:
It’s bad when bad things happen, but it’s worse if we don’t learn something from it.
Whatever we focus on gets larger.
Taking these principles into consideration, the following actions seem to be appropriate as we all begin a fresh new year:
- Value our health even more and don’t take it for granted. Do everything we can in the way of diet, exercise, and rest to nurture our body and keep it strong.
- Take advantage of opportunities to support and encourage each other as we respond to our ever-changing world. We may not be able to control the changes, but we can influence how we react to them.
- Maintain a globally diversified investment portfolio to help capture future returns where ever and whenever they may arise.
- Appreciate those around us – friends, family, neighbors, and community. We really are stronger together.
Always remember how much We Appreciate You! In 2020 we celebrated 25 years of delivering client financial advocacy. This accomplishment was only possible with your trust and support. We look forward to the next 25 years working to help our clients create the bright financial future they have in mind.
Your FirstWave Financial team looks forward, with you, to a safe and successful year ahead. Find out what it might be like to have a personal WealthCoach by your side helping you make smart decisions about your money and creating the future you dream of. Call our wealth services firm in Satellite Beach, FL – Melbourne/Brevard area at (321) 773-7773 to schedule your complimentary initial consultation.
You should not assume that any discussion or information contained in this publication serves as the receipt of, or as a substitute for, personalized investment advice from FirstWave Financial. A copy of the FirstWave’s current written disclosure statement discussing our advisory services and fees is available upon request.